2013-14 Annual Awards - Awards
2013-14 Annual Awards
Awards for Outstanding Catalogs 2013
Award for an outstanding catalog based on scholarly contributions to the field, quality of writing, and design
- Dallas Museum of Art/Walker Art Center, Jim Hodges: Give More Than You Take
- Toledo Museum of Art for Fresh Impressions: Early Modern Japanese Prints
Charles D. Cuttler Award for Contributions to the History of Art 2014
Named for MAHS founder Charles D. Cuttler, to honor art historians, museum directors, patrons, and others who have made contributions to the history of art, with special attention to the Midwest
- Dr. Mark S. Weil, E. Desmond Lee Professor Emeritus at Washington University, St. Louis
Graduate Student Presentation Award 2014
Awarded to an outstanding graduate student paper delivered at the MAHS annual conference, nominated by conference panel chair and selected by a committee of MAHS board members. The winner receives five volumes from the History of Art series published by Oxford University Press. MAHS thanks the Oxford Press for its sponsorship.
- Ayla Amon, George Washington University, M.A. candidate in Museum Studies, "Props of Prestige: Postcolonial Identity in Moroccan National Museums"
Emerging Scholar Distinguished Presentation Award 2014
Granted to an outstanding paper presented at the MAHS annual conference by an art historian who received their PhD within the last five years.
- Dr. Emily C. Burns, Assistant Professor, Auburn University, "American and Australian Impressionism and Tropes of the New Nation"